Vision: Ensures justice in pursuit of harmonious society with the rule of law and good governance.
Mission: To deliver legal services to the Dzongkhag in fair professional manner
- Defend employer against wage and hour, discrimination, harassment and other complaints field with administrative agencies.
- Represent employers in lawsuits filed in state and federal courts.
- Advice employers about effective and legal policies, procedures and practice.
- Drafts lawful, state- specific employee handbooks, polices and procedure.
- Prepare contracts with employees and contractors, including confidentiality and non-compete agreements.
- Negotiate and draft executive contracts.
- Direct and/or conduct investigation into alleged illegal or improper behavior.
- Help employers respond to specific employer at the arbitration or mediation of employment disputes.
- Review and/ or draft offer letters, warnings and other communication with employees.
- Draft and negotiate.
- Counsel clients facing difficult or sensitive employment issues.
Challenges and Issue:
- Rendering a legal advice and legal awareness to the gewog people and schools, are one of the challenges because of their poor and backward thinking of legal matters.
- Public expectation is ever sky high and on-demand. Due to technology and interest progress people expect their legal team to sort out the matters very fast and proactively.
- The case that have been pending can’t be progress timely by both the legal team and by villagers because of the poor connectivity of road and internet connection.
- Lack of information and knowledge of legal awareness in the schools.
Procedure to seek the legal advice:
- The sector or the focal person of the committee forwards an official letter seeking legal opinion.
- The said opinion is then browsed for interpretation according to relevant laws.
- After the agreed period, legal opinion is presented for deliberation endorsement if any.
Procedure to investigation case(s):
- Receive an allegation.
- The team leader tables the agenda for meeting.
- Thereon, the facts of the case are discussed and the investigation methods prepared.
- The investigation report is compiled as follows:
- Background of the case.
- Investigation methodology.
- Allegation alleged.
- Justification received from the relevant person(s).
- Findings by the investigation committee.
- Recommendation (if any).
The reports is then submitted to the source of complaint shared within one week at the completion of the investigation.