The aims and objectives of forming ICT Services Unit is to facilitate the government agencies to provide quality technical services to the public, assist the government employees in automating the service delivery by developing user friendly system. These would help agencies to reduce the turn-around-time (TAT) while delivering services.
Besides providing technical services, the ICT Services Unit would also be responsible for maintaining the government network, Local area network, reliable internet and P2P connectivity, basic ICT related troubleshooting, help the agencies to adopt appropriate ICT tools, update systems, assist in carrying systems analysis to improve G2G, G2C and G2B services.
The purpose of setting up ICT Cluster is to provide guidance to all the government agencies to avail the services of the ICT Services Unit, protocols and timelines. All government agencies within the jurisdiction of Dzongkhag cluster can avail the services of the ICT services unit.
Roles & Responsibilities of ICT Services Unit:
The ICT Services Unit will help formulate ICT plans of the government agencies in keeping with the vision of the agencies and National ICT vision. The ICT Services Unit at the same time will ensure that the eGIF standards and other guidelines issued by the Department is adopted across all government to promote the eGov policy (Whole of Government).
The ICT Services Unit will install, maintain, and upgrade systems as necessary. The unit will be responsible for researching and developing new ways to accomplish tasks in a productive and timely manner. The ICT Services Unit will establish Dzongkhag WAN connecting all the regional offices located under Dzongkhag premises. The ICT Services Unit’s ability to properly support new devices and applications often require additional resources that may take time to acquire and install. The ICT Services Unit will balance the load of services across resources as necessary. By including the ICT Services Unit in preliminary discussions, they can start preparations to support and keep projects flowing smoothly.
The ICT Services Unit is responsible for the following functions:
1. Responsible for design, development and content updating of websites.
2. Ensure LAN and Internet connectivity in Dzongkhag and all the regional offices within the Dzongkhag locality.
3. Ensure up-time of application systems.
4. Carry out advocacy program to promote the usage of G2C systems and other services to the general public.
5. Ensure that the security of the data and systems are not compromised.
6. Maintain periodic backup of databases and files.
7. Responsible for development of Management Information Systems (MIS) and digitization of the working procedures.
8. Responsible for optimization of the systems and ICT processes.
9. Responsible for initiating procedural changes to reduce the turn-around-time (TAT) for service delivery through innovation.
10. Promote the usage of ICT through user trainings such as: basic computer troubleshooting; google apps usage; etc. to the staff.
11. Maintain proper documentation and mapping of systems and networks.
12. Provide technical specifications and obtain clearances for procurement of hardware and software.
13. Comply with e-GIF standards.
14. Conduct periodic assessment of the progress in the field of ICT and validate whether the progression is aligned to the overall vision and mission of DITT.
15. Provide computer/networking related hardware and software troubleshooting services.
16. Responsible for configuration of Access points and creating user accounts on network and systems.
17. Responsible for updating operating systems and other software.
18. Responsible for ICT assets in the Dzongkhag Cluster (network devices, servers and PCs. issued to ICT officials).
19. Responsible for planning budget for ICT Services Unit in coordination with head of other government agencies.
20. Responsible for procurement of ICT equipment.
ICT Service Work Flow:
This procedure describes how agencies request for service and how the service is availed. The reporting of ICT service request and ICT related problems and issues by all government agencies will mainly be online through use of forms. In situation where online application is not possible, other options like phone call and fax or email can be used. The information will be collected and stored for analysis and assessment of ICT services availed by ICT division.